Saturday, August 23, 2014

And we have begun


Jack is taking a break from packing and is trapped in his chair by bubble wrap.  I would have to say we made a dent albeit a small one. And tomorrow is another day. 

The house has been listed and my realtor has a mover who will help transport the larger items to the storage unit as we stage the house for attracting buyers. I guess the idea is have it look spacious (empty?) so a prospective buyer can visualize the space.


The coffee table is covered again. I have packed 8 boxes so far and will do more tomorrow.


The dining room table is covered. The rug is covered.


Sleep, my little pretties. Christmas is coming. 



So, we shall continue with vigor. I don't have room for one of my pine cupboards so it will live with some friends. The sofa will go on that wall which will open up the living area.


This packing has not been too bad yet but the nightmare will be my sewing room and studio. I don't even think I can take pictures of that....

Later.....



4 comments:

Vee said...

Ohhhhh...what a lot of work! Label those boxes really well on all sides. We still haven't found some of the things my mother packed. If you can, I know that you're crazy busy, please show us when it's staged. That part should be kind of fun!

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh my, I sure don't envy you this moving thing. What a lot of work! We've never moved in 37 years so you can imagine the amount of stuff we'd have in our house. All the best to you both. Pam

Rettabug said...

What an exciting adventure, Carol!!! I'm envious as all get out...new homes are such fun, with all the possibilities for decorating & getting it exactly the way you want. Good for you!!

Don't kill yourself with all that is involved...lots of stress comes along with the excitement.
Maybe we'll get down next winter, God willing, & I'll be able to visit you in your new place.

Hugs,
Rett

p.s. Sad about you not taking that pine cupboard...I LOVED THAT!!!!

Cathy said...

Oooh my, is there anything more stressful than moving? You do look very organized, Carol. I hope everything goes well and you quickly find a buyer.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin