Saturday, September 13, 2014

Studio Time



I have contract on my home. I am thrilled. There will be an inspection on Monday but that should go well. So now we can have a life until the closing December 1.  Hopefully the new house will be ready before then and we can move with no storage time involved. Fingers are crossed. 


Yesterday I embroidered some guest towels for the new house. Machine embroidery is one of my hobbies and I love to make things for my house. These designs with the bugs are from Anita Goodesign and called Beetle Blossoms. Now we all know that if I actually saw one of these bugs in my house I would have to call 1-800-Pest Control. The first design is from Urban Threads and has a French flair. I will do another with a postcard next.



The wonderful thing about selling so quickly is that now I can do some of my projects again. The quilting will have to wait until I am settled in my new home but the machine embroidery, needlepoint and some knitting can be done and we can cook again without worrying about what the house will smell like. We like onions and garlic!


Color charts are spread about and thread is all over sewing table.



Jack is making out the grocery list. Think Puttanesca sauce.

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Carol:
I'm so happy for you! Nothing like having your hash settled, rather than all the balls up in the air.

I, too, love Urban Threads. They've got really interesting and unique designs at a reasonable price. Your bugs are adorable, too!

I'm heading off to a retreat in Sebring tomorrow for three days. I'm really looking forward to it. They're always fun.

Hope to see you soon.
xo
Donna

Vee said...

Wow! That is wonderful! What a quick response. Enjoy the garlic and onions! Lovely embroidery!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, how thrilling for you! I am so happy it is under contract! Yea!

And I love the bugs... How cute!

xo

Sheila :-)

Mac n' Janet said...

Congratulations on the sale of your home. Your embroidery is lovely.

Pam said...

Congrats on the sale and good luck with your endeavors. The embroidery is beautiful as usual.

Unknown said...

Great news on your sale! Bug embroideries are so cute. Can't believe I'm saying that about bugs! You chose one of my favorites from AGD.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin