Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Awesome Alliteration.....



So here we are in this dear little cottage. It has taken me several days to unwind. I need to recharge and get ready for the next stage. Just think we get to unpack all those boxes. I am calling them surprise boxes because I have not a clue what I shall find when we open some of them! Perhaps just calling them the "good, bad and the ugly" is accurate.

I have tried to find words to describe the cottage and most start with "e".


The cottage is enchanting, eclectic, exciting, entertaining, environmentally sound, expertly outfitted, an ecotourism destination, etc.. We love it.
It was built in 1925 and has been restored with modern appliances. And I don't have to pack anything!!!

 


We shall sit outside for our adult beverage tonight as we have some citronella and "Off" now.
Butterflies are swarming the bougainvillea. The seem to know that I would love some pictures so they only pose when the camera is inside.


Tonight we will have a mini Thanksgiving dinner. We had dinner with friends but I wanted a leftover or two.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I appreciate all the encouraging comments during the saga of the move.


5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Carol, your little cottage sounds so wonderful while you wait to move into your new home. I wish you and Jack a wonderful December and Christmas in your cottage. Pam

Vee said...

Your cottage sounds wonderful! Just imagine butterflies on the bouganvillea in December...such a different world you live in from this Northeast corner.

Unknown said...

I love that you and Jack are here and enjoying my little cottage and garden. It's so wonderful to share it with friendly people who appreciate nature. I'm glad I can be a peaceful and hopefully lovely refuge while your home is being finished. Thanks again for your kind words. Fondly, Nancy Eaton, your "Wahine in Chief."

deb said...

Carol, is the flamingo part of the screen door? I would SO love to have a door like that! Everything looks so fantastic...

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a wonderful retreat! It looks like a doll house -- take pictures when you are settled!
Cass

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin