Saturday, January 17, 2015

Getting Settled


Do you see that chaise in the corner? I actually sat down in it for a few moments the other day. I am looking forward to some quiet time there. Maybe it will be next week?


The TV is in place for football and movies. I am not much of a TV watcher but it is a good excuse to knit or do needlepoint. I have found some projects and will find more when I tackle the upstairs studio. Cords for all the sewing machines are in box yet to be unpacked. I am anxious to cut out a quilt and use new design wall.

We finally cooked and actually ate at the dining room table. It has been chilly here so I will cook a pot roast for Sunday dinner. Notice that the fish tank is in place and looking good.


The studio looks a little better than this picture. Hopefully by tomorrow night it will be almost done.


Publix had English cottage roses. Now I have them!

The mailman brought me a bit of Florida sunshine this past week. My friend Donna of Brynwood Needleworks is most talented.



The basket on the floor is my temporary office! Lots of paperwork with a new house and we all know how I feel about paperwork!

So, that's just a peek of what's going on here.

Have a wonderful week!


7 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Carol your new house looks beautiful! The kitchen is amazing. It must be a busy time unpacking and finding a spot for everything. Enjoy! Blessings, Pam

Sheila said...

What a happy new year you must be having! Your new house must be a dream come true and opening all those boxes in your sewing room will be better to open than Christmas presents! Welcome Home!

Mac n' Janet said...

Beautiful new home, love, love, love your kitchen.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Your home is beautiful. Enjoy and live happily ever after!! Kitchen looks especially comfy.

mommaras said...

Beautiful. Lots of room for a knitting or needlepoint partay!

Vee said...

And a lovely peek it is, too! I hope that you force yourself into that chaise daily! Everything looks very new and beautiful in your home. Enjoy it to the max.

Pam said...

Good for you, great house and I love the kitchen and the roses! Hope you get to relax soon and enjoy it all in that great chaise!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin