Sunday, April 19, 2015

Contentment...


I have had this silk arrangement for almost 20 years. I find the color calming and the flowers engaging. Right now it is living on my coffee table and will probably stay until it is time for the holidays (which will be here before we know it ). This year has been difficult. Moving is stressful and at our ages even more so I think. Now almost a year from the purchase date and 4 months of residency, I am calming down. I think we found the last of the missing items (my pepper mill!) this afternoon.


Daffodils in the market are cheerful and comforting. I miss the spring flowers from New England.


Needlepoint is my current obsession and I am determined to finish this Paris street scene by Sally Corey. Trying to work 2-3 hours a day. I am about half way now.


I walk in the morning. We do our errands and chores and then the Lazy Boy recliner calls my name. I cannot bear the news so cooking shows are usually my choice for company while I stitch. I don't pay attention to the majority of the food but occasionally a recipe or two catches my fancy. Our favorite lunch (this month!) is a slice of a baguette spread with goat cheese and topped with tomato and a poached egg. Wonderful and healthy. This came from Bobby Flay.




I reduce the amount of goat cheese and use the whole grain baguette from Trader Joe's.


I also been experimenting with a Spiralizer. Zucchini pasta will be on the menu this week. 

My other find for a quick dessert is from the cooking show Sweet Julia. Frozen cherries are topped with a white chocolate sauce "enhanced" with some cherry brandy. Very elegant and a small portion is ample.


So, soon we will head back north. I feel like I just got here. I will be glad to see my family and friends. 
 I am so glad that this sense of contentment has reappeared in my life. I have missed the feeling.  


Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Morning Carol. Pleased to hear you feel more settled now. I love the vase you have the daffodils in.
The needlepoint is lovely, I love scenes in Paris and once you have finished and framed it, it will look lovely on the wall.

I love goats cheese on toast, next time will have to add a poached egg, sound lovely.

Phil had a blood test last week and gets the results this Thursday so we will see if with diet and exercise he has reduced his diabetes.

Have a good week, love Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

Sheila said...

Hello Carol, I enjoyed hearing that you have silk flowers to brighten your home. I would prefer fresh daffodils but have some silk imposters that make me smile each time I see them. Flowers are hard to come by in our area until they actually bloom which will be about 5 or 6 weeks from now. Your new home looks lovely and I am sure you will enjoy coming home to it now that you are organized. Glad to hear that you are feeling more contented! Keep Smiling!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

What a wonderful post, my friend. I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and playing a bit in your studio. I love your new home and completely understand your feeling of contentment.

I'm looking forward to settling in Sarasota and our new life north.It can't happen soon enough for us.
xoxo
D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin