Sunday, February 7, 2016

And I think we are settled....




The weather has been chilly but nothing compared to the weather up north. The new house doesn't need as much of our attention and we have a very organized schedule - sort of! My eyes are recovering nicely from cataract surgery. I can see much more clearly now and am not overly thrilled with the reality of my wrinkles.


As I sit and stitch, this is my view in the den. Jack's Code Talker quilt I made last year shares the room with some art and my collection of Hull's Blossom Flight.




Needlepoint in the studio or the den. Movies and cocoa in the afternoon. I have way too many projects and more hidden away in the sewing closet. Learning to work on a frame is not something I am not comfortable with yet.


I am working on next Christmas!


And then there are the quilts. And then the new grandchild coming any moment. So, of course, there was some knitting. 






Experimenting with recipes is something we both enjoy.

And at the end of the day relaxing as the light comes into the living room.


I hope to spend a little more time on the blog this coming year. Facebook is so much easier but I miss the journaling part of blogging.








4 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Miss you too, but I do get it. I can always see what you are doing on FB. TO be very comfortable at home is worth so much.

Sheila said...

Welcome back. It looks like you have been very busy. The quilt on your wall is gorgeous and the knitted baby things are such a lovely colour!

Mac n' Janet said...

Welcome back, glad you're recovering from your eye surgery. Wonderful photos.

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi Carol, I haven't been on my blog for ages either,not even Facebook this week. I love Instagram and seeing the lovely photographs that people put on there from around the world.

Cold here too,-2c when i got up at 6am this morning, but the sun is shining now at 8.30am so hopefully the frost will disappear soon and it will be a cold but sunny day.

Pleased to hear that you are over the cataract operations and that you sight is better.

You look well settled in your house with so much going on. Hope all goes well with the new grandchild due.

Have you any holidays booked for this year?

Love to you both from your friend in Surrey, UK.x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin