Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Reflecting.....A little Pink on Saturday


I am joining Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for another Pink Saturday. Please be sure and visit.

It is another beautiful day here in Maine in the cabin on the  lake. This summer has been delightful. The last couple of years have been very rainy, cold and damp. Those are not great conditions for arthritis.....This summer I have a new hip and life is good. Each day I get stronger and I am able to wander a little further from the cabin. I keep my eyes peeled for acorns because I do not care to fall.


The flowers are starting to go by and there is a crispness in the air. It might be hot when you go to sleep but by morning a quilt or two feels pretty good.





We have loons on the lake and this year the pair that hang around our area have a chick. This is the first chick in 3 years that is learning to dive and fish in our cove. You can read about loons here. Scroll down to bottom of the article to listen to sounds they make. The have several calls depending on what is going on on the lake. Their cries are haunting and carry from one end of the lake to the other. We love them and we love having a chick to watch.



I have permission to drive and I can get in my car now. So we are off to go have "lobstah" rolls for lunch.




 Happy Pink Saturday!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your place sounds like a piece of Heaven!
Have a Great Weekend!
Love,
Marilyn

podso said...

So glad you are mending nicely and getting more independent. Enjoyed visiting your blog today!

dotsie

Claudia said...

So glad to hear you are healing nicely, Carol! And you can drive - that must be a relief. I would love to see that loon chick!

xo
Claudia

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Your lunch looks delicious.

hugs
Sissie

Keetha Broyles said...

JUST my kind of lake cottage. We LOVE loons too - - - get to "meet and greet" them when we vacation in the northwoods of Wisconsin.

Those lobstah rolls look to die for, and we DON'T get that in our neck of the northwoods!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Carol Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful home on the lake. It must be so peaceful and serene there. When do the loons call, at night or morning?

Please be careful with those acorns, they will trip you every time. They are sneaky little boogers.

Love the car. Beautiful and I am so happy for you that you can ride again. Your lunch sure looked yummy. Was worth the drive for sure.

Glad you are feeling better sweet friend. Each day you will get a little stronger.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

This is a lovely post Carol and I can feel that you are happier in yourself now that you have the new hip and are recovered and getting out and about.
I will have to look up about looks I have never heard of them here.

Have a great week and enjoy the lovely weather, it is a bit dull in the UK at the moment, hope it cheers up soon as we are off to Cornwall for a holiday in September! Jackie in Surrey, UK.

Abramyan Avenue said...

I am crazy for quilts.. that first one took my heart!! Your "lobstah" rolls look sooo delicious!!

Rettabug said...

Carol...I can't wait to it to get cool enough to be comfortable with a quilt over my legs!! I woke up at 2 am & got up to move the thermostat down a notch because I was so hot! I've been awake & on the computer ever since. LOL

Happy to hear you hip is healing nicely. I don't doubt that I'll be in for a replacement someday. Mine aches some days, especially if there is rain on the way.

Your lobster rolls look awesome! That's a north east thing...we don't get them offered around here. I have a friend who grew up in Marblehead & she requested that I bring down some of the special buns that they put lobster rolls into. Couldn't find them around here. :/
Oh well.

Have a nice weekend!

fondly,
Rett

Pam said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. The flowers and quilts are beautiful. And just wish I had one of those "lobstah" rolls!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing place! Happy PS!

CailinMarie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! A new hip and life on the mend sounds good. Your quilts are lovely. I've only visited Maine once but I do hope I get to go back!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin