Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dishes and Quilts

 

I love this time of year. Even though we are Florida and it is sunny and warm (conditions not readily associated with Christmas) I am decorating just about the whole house. I think it is a blog thing…..

L1050147

We have forgone the live tree and the big tree and have a cute little tabletop tree that we adorn. As we get older it is harder to heave the big boxes up those pull down stairs into the storage area. More on the tree next week.

I have set the table for Christmas Eve.

L1050179

I know I need to trim that wick….

L1050155

The cookies are from the refrigerator section of Publix – gross not very good but I just wanted to show the aluminum piece.

L1050156

I made the quilt a few years back. It usually is under the tree. I used a different quilt for the tree this year. I like quilts for tabletops.

L1050170

L1050182

The ornaments have been gathered over the years. The ones on the table are too big and too heavy for my tree. I like them with the mercury type chalices that are filled with silk poinsettias.

 

L1050181

L1050187

 

The chippy white bird is a Pottery Barn acquisition as are the crystal stars.

L1050158

Faux leaf chargers are covered by white Aplico dinner plates. The decoupage Christmas bird plates are PB and the little sherbet dishes are antiques.

 

L1050223

L1050225

L1050230

L1050233

L1050235

 

The goblets are Westmoreland English Hobnail but I have been unable to determine who made the etched glassware.

L1050237

L1050244

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Please stop by and see all the pretty dishes and holiday settings.

16 comments:

Sevenbeads said...

I don't put up a big tree anymore either. I love the idea of using the ornaments on the table. It's seems a shame to keep them all boxed away. I absolutely love your decoupage PB plates. The prettiest I've seen!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table decoration and photos!
Kisses and hugs, Zondra Art

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

So pretty Carol,love the quilt.

Maggie said...

Carol everything is so lovely, the vintage ornaments on the table are wonderful and you have Carolers too.
Just gorgeous.
Maggie.

Claudia said...

Your table setting is simply beautiful, Carol!

xo
Claudia

Vee said...

So pretty! You mean decorating is a blog thing? Really? Maybe you're right! :D

Love the tabletop quilt that you made, too. It has all the right cozy colors that you need to complement your tablescape. Just lovely!

Kathleen said...

Hi Carol,
Heard it is cold down there! Love your carolers, and yes those bins up the stairs, killer. I am cutting back this year, I did a big family party Sunday out, so not going to kill myself here!

Barbara said...

So pretty! I used those bird plates from PB last week. I just love them. The quilt is so lovely on the table with all your treasures.

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

Carol, this table is so warm and comforting! I just loved everything from the quilt to the beautiful ornaments!! (please don't spill on that gorgeous quilt)

Olive said...

Beautiful. Love the bird.

Lynn said...

Very pretty Carol! Your plates are great and I'm lovin' your quilt:@)

Brenda Pruitt said...

All so pretty! I was in Dallas and stopped at PB yesterday and gazed at those dishes. Now I'm wishing I'd bought some!
Brenda

podso said...

Very beautiful. I like the aluminum piece--or pieces--not sure if there was one or two on your table. My mother has something similar.

Rettabug said...

I ♥ the quilt you used as a tablecloth, Carol!! Very pretty dishes, too & all the little accessories that make it so special. I WANT THOSE STARS!!! LOL

I hear ya' on climbing up & down stairs with boxes. Ugh! DH was no help this year. Next year, I'm going to hire one of the grandsons, I think.
Enjoy those 80º temps. We're going into the teens this week. :*-( Hurry up Feb.!!!

Entertaining Women said...

Your beautiful quilt is the star of the show. I always admire you quilters...it's not one of my talents...at least so far. Your etched goblets are beautiful. I've learned that most manufacturers are actually identified by the shape of their stems. If you capture a pic of the stem, you could carry it with you when you hit antique stores. At some point, you'll find someone who'll know what it is. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Marlis said...

Lovely lovely table. I love your quilt. I too love quilts on tables. Yours is wonderful. I love your dishes too. Now that we are back home, I'm finally getting to catch up bloghopping. Thanks so much for dropping by, it was a treat to read your sweet comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin