Sunday, February 20, 2011

Swapping and a little time off….

 

I am going to take a little time off from blogging. Company, paperwork and a few projects need to be completed. I will be back in a week and will catch up with everybody then. Have a great week!

L1060109

My friend Donna of Brynwood Needleworks had a mug mat swap and I participated. Her swap was my first blog swap. Mug mats are too much fun and I ended up making more than one. Donna had a wonderful tutorial and I was assigned a swap partner. My partner Shirley C made me a gorgeous mug mat. She purchased a quilt square at an estate sale and used that along with some toile fabric that belonged to her mother. The other fabrics are Moda. I just love it. If you have a moment be sure to visit these two blogs.

L1060110

 

Shirley also enclosed a pair of curved scissors. A girl can never have too many….

I had a lot of fun making mine for Shirley.

L1050966

L1060027

L1060021

Thanks Donna!

14 comments:

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful work dear Carol, I lake it!
Kisses and happy new week.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I have never heard of a mug mat. My sister is a quilter and I must have he make me one. These are beautiful.

Maggie said...

What a lovely gift to make and to receive, is there a tutorial on your blog somewhere that I missed?
Perhaps even I could have a go at making a mug mat.
Have a super week, catching up with bits & bobs, a bientot, Maggie.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Just beautiful Carol! Enjoy your company:@)

EliFla said...

Wow...wonderful!!

HAve a nice week I'm going to wait for you..hugs, Flavia

Snappy Di said...

Enjoy your time away, Carol.

Di

Claudia said...

The mug mats are so pretty! Enjoy your time off, and I look forward to seeing you back blogging real soon!

xo
Claudia

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Carol:
You and Shirley were a perfect match! I love both of your mats.

This is the link to my photo tutorial for the mug mats I make, in case anyone is interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26873391@N05/sets/72157625752980449/with/5377303414/

Enjoy your time off. I'll look forward to getting together with you as we've planned.

Hugs from your Florida friend.
xoxo
Donna

A Garden of Threads said...

The mug mats are so pretty Carol, have a wonderful week. Take care:)

ShirleyC said...

Thanks again, Carol. I really had fun, and I love my mug mat. Enjoy your time off!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Just beautiful, enjoy your time away from "blog world" - we'll see you when you return next week!

From the Kitchen said...

What a beautiful idea!

Have a good break. See you when you get back.

Best,
bonnie

Vee said...

Those are both wonderful! I need to look up the tutorial. I just purchased a couple of Moda packets at the flea market of all places. Have fun this week!

xinex said...

It's so beautiful, Carol. Have a great blogging time off!...Christine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin