Sunday, February 20, 2011

Swapping and a little time off….

 

I am going to take a little time off from blogging. Company, paperwork and a few projects need to be completed. I will be back in a week and will catch up with everybody then. Have a great week!

L1060109

My friend Donna of Brynwood Needleworks had a mug mat swap and I participated. Her swap was my first blog swap. Mug mats are too much fun and I ended up making more than one. Donna had a wonderful tutorial and I was assigned a swap partner. My partner Shirley C made me a gorgeous mug mat. She purchased a quilt square at an estate sale and used that along with some toile fabric that belonged to her mother. The other fabrics are Moda. I just love it. If you have a moment be sure to visit these two blogs.

L1060110

 

Shirley also enclosed a pair of curved scissors. A girl can never have too many….

I had a lot of fun making mine for Shirley.

L1050966

L1060027

L1060021

Thanks Donna!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work dear Carol, I lake it!
Kisses and happy new week.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I have never heard of a mug mat. My sister is a quilter and I must have he make me one. These are beautiful.

Maggie said...

What a lovely gift to make and to receive, is there a tutorial on your blog somewhere that I missed?
Perhaps even I could have a go at making a mug mat.
Have a super week, catching up with bits & bobs, a bientot, Maggie.

Lynn said...

Just beautiful Carol! Enjoy your company:@)

Flavia Galasso said...

Wow...wonderful!!

HAve a nice week I'm going to wait for you..hugs, Flavia

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away, Carol.

Di

Claudia said...

The mug mats are so pretty! Enjoy your time off, and I look forward to seeing you back blogging real soon!

xo
Claudia

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Carol:
You and Shirley were a perfect match! I love both of your mats.

This is the link to my photo tutorial for the mug mats I make, in case anyone is interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26873391@N05/sets/72157625752980449/with/5377303414/

Enjoy your time off. I'll look forward to getting together with you as we've planned.

Hugs from your Florida friend.
xoxo
Donna

A Garden of Threads said...

The mug mats are so pretty Carol, have a wonderful week. Take care:)

ShirleyC said...

Thanks again, Carol. I really had fun, and I love my mug mat. Enjoy your time off!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Just beautiful, enjoy your time away from "blog world" - we'll see you when you return next week!

From the Kitchen said...

What a beautiful idea!

Have a good break. See you when you get back.

Best,
bonnie

Vee said...

Those are both wonderful! I need to look up the tutorial. I just purchased a couple of Moda packets at the flea market of all places. Have fun this week!

xinex said...

It's so beautiful, Carol. Have a great blogging time off!...Christine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin