Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year


I was visiting blogs the other morning and stopped in to see Snap at Tales from Twisty Lane. She had this framed and featured. The more I thought about it the more I liked it. I tried to google but could not find anything even resembling what she had so I went to Word and created/copied this idea. There are some wonderful, funky fonts to download at dafont. Thank you Snap and to the person who created this. It says it all!

I think I shall keep this frame filled with seasonal thoughts. This looks nice on the Welsh cupboard and will greet guests as they come into the house.

Santa brought me a Food Saver. Jack and I cooked all week. The freezer is full of some wonderful meals for the next month. We had ham for Christmas dinner at our friends' house. Nothing would do but for us to cook a ham. We made pea soup in the slow cooker.



We ate it before I remembered to take a picture. I served this with Anadama Bread made in the bread machine. House smelled wonderful all day.

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends. I wish you all the best for the coming year.

13 comments:

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Happy New Year Carol & Jack. Great words on the board, I am glad you shared them with us. Also the meal looks very tasty!!! I have never heard of the bread you baked but I have looked it up in Google, I love how the name came about, I also see it is from New England, I wonder if it is available here, it looks delicious, I could eat a slice now with either Philadelphia cheese or jam.
I also had to look up a "Foodsaver" I believe it is a vacuum sealer, is that right?

Love to you both, Jackie in Surrey.x

Claudia said...

Happy New Year, Carol!

xo
Claudia

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Happy New Year Carol. I love a good pea soup. I have never made one in the crock pot. I will certainly try it next time. It will save me so much time.

Maggie said...

Happy New Year Carol & Jack and thank you so much for the ecard, it is delightful.
Your pea & ham soup looks great, perfect for a wet winter's day in Normandy.
Care to ship some over??

Lynn said...

I love your idea of framed seasonal thoughts! Food Savers really work great-enjoy! Happy New Year:@)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Don't you just love it when the house is filled with all the scents of good food being created? I sure do!

Happy New Year to you and Jack. Wishing you all the best in 2012!
xoxo
Donna

Vee said...

Ohhhh, that does look yummy! I don't even like pea soup, but perhaps I could change my mind.

I really like your message idea. It would work great for many different applications!

Happy New Year to you both!

Olive said...

Happy New Year. We are cooking up a storm today too.

podso said...

I'm sure it must feel good to have a freezer full of good meals that you and Jack enjoyed cooking together! Wishing you all the best in 2012. Happy New Year!

A Garden of Threads said...

Happy New Year, Carol. Take care, Jen.

Shirley said...

Happy New Year Carol and Jack. Your pea soup looks so yummy and would fit in nicely on a cold winter day. Our weather has been so crazy 63 one day and 43 the next. Have a wonderful week Your Missouri Friend

Betty Jo said...

Carol I wish you and yours the most incredible New Year ever in 2012!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Happy New Year! The soup looks great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin