Saturday, March 16, 2013

Smelling the roses.....


I am surrounded by stuff and I want to do too much! I suppose it is good that I want to do so much but occasionally I just get overwhelmed. Knitting consumes a huge part of my day. I have missed reading. Now I have started to listen to books. It will take some getting used to but I think I like it!

I have been collecting attachments for my Featherweight (it followed me home earlier this year!) and I am anxious to play. I have done no sewing in a while and I miss it.



I have missed playing with my photos. My pictures are most disorganized but when I finish the knitting...... I did play a bit this morning.



And I am on hunt for hibiscus holders. As I get older I am becoming more sentimental about my parents. When they moved to Florida certain items defined their new life. Tervis tumblers, Wolford Oil Lamps, and hibiscus holders were the "must haves" for Florida membership. I found the one she gave gave me which I keep on the coffee table. A beautiful hibiscus is right outside the door. I would like more. We shall be on the hunt!

These particular ones were made by Hamon Glass and purchased at The Mole Hole.
But back to the knitting.....


I would like to make this jacket......
I did finish the Girasole lap throw/afgan.




It was a challenge.
So today I am not going to much of anything. I shall do my normal Saturday chores and then I shall just stop and smell the the roses.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

deb said...

Well, I learned something from you today! I have several hibiscus (in pots) and I'd NEVER heard of a hibiscus holder - where have I been? Thanks!

Vee said...

I have one of those hibiscus holders and had no idea what it was. Thanks for the info. My mother gave it to me after one of her trips to Florida so it makes perfect sense. It's amethyst. Wonder where I stuck it?

How cool that you have discovered audio books to listen to while you knit. I think that's a fabulous way to do two things at once! I'm going to look into this.

Lovely photo of the peaches and lovely to find you here, Carol!

Shirley said...

Good Morning Carol, My hubby listens to audio books, because of the problem with his hands shaking at times where he has problems holding things. He really likes it. We all have a lot of things we want to do. I would love to smell the roses today. I got to get brave to go outdoor. There is a 50 degree difference from yesterday. Your afghan is beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Mac n' Janet said...

I had never heard of a hibiscus holder before and I love hibiscus, have one on the front porch, will have to get a holder.

Snap said...

Good Morning! You are busy! Your knitting is gorgeous. I didn't know "hibiscus holder" either! I'm still old-fashioned and have to hold the book! Love the roses and the peaches. Happy Weekend!

Sheila said...

Your knitted throw is beautiful. i've always found that starting projects is always the easiest and the most fun whereas finishing is entirely another matter. When it gets to that stage I just want to start something new. Good luck with all you hope to do but in the meantime take a little time to stop and have a cup of tea and dream...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin