Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall in the air and I am approaching 400 posts!


It seems like we just got here and now it is almost time to go back. Walking into the cabin the grass is speckled with little leaves in all the autumn colors. There is a touch of fall in the air. I see it on the lake.



Soon there will be pumpkins and berries.


And pretty leaves...


We shall make green tomato relish.


I will use my grandmothers food grinder.



The cabin will smell wonderful and we shall sit and wait for the jars to ping as they seal. The jars will be carefully packed and shipped back to Florida. A few will stay here for my sons.


The marigolds are flourishing now. I think they make a nice still life.


The cabin will be winterized in October as the nights get longer.



I did not accomplish all I wanted to this summer. I think maybe I try to accomplish too much. I am spoiled in Florida with unlimited internet. In Maine I have a "hotspot" which eats those Gigabytes rather quickly.

This post is number 394. Seems hard to believe. I shall have to think of something celebratory!
'Til then.....

4 comments:

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

You have been quiet on blogger this Summer!!! The Autumn colours look lovely at the cabin. Not much sign yet here in the UK.
We still have a holiday in Scotland to look forward to in September, it is called "the Waterways of Scotland" it is a coach holiday, I am sure it will be quite Autumnal when we are there in Loch Lomond and other places.
The weather has been quite nice this week after the rain at the weekend.

Enjoy making your relish.
Love Jackie in Surrey UK.

Vee said...

Hope that you're staying long enough to enjoy one of the most beautiful autumns on record or so they say. I can't believe all the color that you have already found!

podso said...

Yes you already have spectacular color. You must enjoy it there as you won't see much of that in FL!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Carol, We have been spending a great deal of time in Maine this summer and have now just returned from beginning to lake for the right lake to retire to...so many choices and they are all beautiful in different ways. Your tomato relish looks delicious! Linda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin