Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tablescape Thursday




Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is the most gracious hostess for this weekly event so please visit her and see all the wonderful dishes on display.
This is my first indoor tablescape and these dishes will be used in more than one setting over the next few months. The name of the pattern is Surf Ballet and they are by Sascha Brastoff. I will write more about him but he was a 20th century artist who worked in many mediums. He is also very well known for his impersonations of Carmen Miranda.
Jack spotted these dishes at Deb’s Flowerbed Farm in Bridgton. We both fell in love with them.
L1010810
They are black with gold marbling. The underside is pink with gold marbling. The chargers are actually champagne colored but are reflecting the pink underside. The clear glass cocktail servers  are crystal and came from Tiffany’s years ago.

L1010811
The centerpiece compote is just wonderful. I filled it with Christmas ornaments from Pottery Barn. I am thinking that I will redo this tablescape for New Years.
L1010813
I’m not sure what to call these tall bowls but they are perfect for after dinner chocolates. The centerpiece and the candy dishes came from The Glass Cottage in North Conway.L1010809
The goblets came from Deb’s. They look like Vaseline glass but I don’t have a black light to test them. I love them anyway.
L1010815
I found the placemats at Sur la Table.
L1010816
So, now I will put all this away so we can have dinner at the table! Until next week!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol, we finally get to see the Sasha Brastoff, very nice... The place mats look great with the place setting. I can tell you that the tall bowls are actually compotes and were most likey used for jams/jellies. But what a great idea to use them for chocolates!

John & Dean

Anonymous said...

I snitched one of your chocolates. Yum.....gorgeous setting.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Whoops! I lost a day and posted 2 days early...It must have been the leak in the kitchen ceiling!

Carol

Michelle said...

Love the centerpiece with the ornaments just so elegant. And the vaseline goblets are fabulous and would fit any table of mine!

Love your header picture!!!

Kathleen said...

Hi Carol,
Your table looks so pretty! It is a shame you don't sit down and eat at it!
The dishes are so unusual!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Gorgeous table Carol!

Rettabug said...

What a lovely table...full of sparkle & bling!
I ♥ Bling & I ♥ all your pretty glassware!
I look forward to learning more about Sascha Brastoff from you. Blogging is SO educational! :)

xinex said...

This is a fabulous tablescape. I love everything about it but my favorite are the goblets, so unusual and so pretty!...Christine

Brynwood Needleworks said...

What a lovely tablescape, Carol - and I love your new blog header. Looks like a fun place to visit!

Thanks for stopping by to visit! Hope to see you very soon.
xoxo
Donna

honeysuckle said...

Your cutwork pieces are so pretty and I love the goblets too. The table is lovely with those most unusual black plates. Very nice! Thanks for stopping by mine too.

Marigene said...

Carol, very pretty table, especially your beautiful centerpiece. I don't think I have seen marbled dishes as pretty as yours. I love your opaline vaseline goblets. I have several pieces, guess I should start incorporating them in my tablescapes. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Oh, I love all your glass ware, so pretty.
Hugs,
Sue

nanykim at spindle cottage said...

really beautiful dishes!! I especially love the centerpiece and the chocolate holders and the chocolate!! These are such pretty dishes!! It would be a nice setting for New Years!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. Oh, what a beautiful table you've set. Those dishes are just amazing! Now that compote is too die for! Oh, it's so gorgeous and I love how the Christmas ornaments look inside. Always a great idea to have a little chocolate on the table.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Carrie said...

Fabulous setting...I'll take a chocolate too from your lovely compote!

Sue said...

This is a great table setting with really unusual items. I love using ornaments as the centerpiece and can't wait to dig mine out! Thanks. Sue

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So pretty! You have some great pieces! The dishes are gorgeous! Great job!

Katherine

Unknown said...

Carol,
This was a beautiful table, and would be wonderful for New Years Eve. Love those dishes and that center piece. Thanks for sharing and for visiting.
Sandy

Unknown said...

OHHHH! I love the green. This is so pretty!

~Liz

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I love the table decor. So pretty and very elegant!!

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! I love the greenish/yellow colored glasses!!

bj said...

What a beautiful setting...the centerpiece is especially pretty.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a lovely tablescape! I am just crazy about those plates,
Cheers, Andrea

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin