Monday, February 22, 2010

No Particular Topic…..

cooking_and_cleaning_postcard-p239693934237872184qibm_400
I saw this sign in New Hampshire and just had to have it. I am having one of those “I really should clean this house” spells. Usually I just get a burst of energy and do the whirling dervish thing but it just hasn’t happened.
One of the bloggers I visited was crocheting granny squares. The were just beautiful. I’m sorry I can’t remember which blog it was…. So I decided that I needed to learn to crochet. There were wonderful directions on many internet sites so off I went. There is a wonderful new knitting store in Sarasota called A Good Yarn. Below is my first effort!
L1020240
But I kept going and actually started to enjoy the process.
L1020236 L1020241
With a basket of beautiful colors next to me and a cup of cappuccino I just kept going!

L1020244 
I wanted colors that were in the Kaffe Fassett colorways since most of my quilts are made from his fabrics.L1020379
I will add another row of  blocks and then just keep crocheting around and hopefully when I am done I will have a granny square block afghan quilt.
L1020380


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

Have you never crochet before? You had done a marvellous job with those squares.The colours are so vibrant !! Well done. I am sure it is quite theraputic too. Jackie in UK.

Cass @ That Old House said...

You've done ... brilliantly!
And clearly, crocheting the granny squares is far more useful than cleaning. Cleaning will be there for you when the afghan is complete; it's patient and waits.

I know... Cass

Kate at Serendipity said...

Carol, I have a blanket made from these squares that my grandmother made. It's older than my mother (who's even older than ME!), and I love it. Good for you for making one!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I tried crocheting once and I really couldn't get the hang of it. Good job.

Sissie

Unknown said...

Carol, truly spectacular colors you've picked for your new hobby. What a great addition to all of your beautiful Kaffe quilts. You could add this to you comfy chair in the studio.
John

Donna said...

Love the granny squares! So colorful :) I know how to crochet but haven't picked up a crochet hook in years! You are doing a great job!
Blessings,
Donna

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Your grannies are gorgeous, Carol! So glad we ran into each other today (Thursday) at A Good Yarn.
Hope to see you again very soon.
xoxo
Donna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin