Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Table for Spring

 

Another Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch and a chance to play with my dishes. Susan is the gracious hostess for this fun event. I have always loved dishes and setting the table. My dolls even had dishes!

Here in Florida we have had a chilly winter – nothing like what folks across the rest of the country have experienced - but not what we expect or are prepared for here. So, as this weather is starting to get warmer and the house can be opened up, my thoughts turn to spring.

L1060497

I saw these salad plates at WS and they followed me home…along with the tablecloth and napkins. Living in Florida for the winter months, I miss the spring flowers. I have gathered faux spring flowers so that I can decorate my house and table.

L1060492

The silk flowers are from Pottery Barn. I like the quality and look of them. The candlesticks were a find this past summer at Deb’s Flowerbed Farm in Bridgton, ME. Her shop is stock full of treasures. I also found the glasses there and (after a lot of research) I did identify them. The pattern is Jersey Swirl and the were made by LG Wright around 1950 in an opalescent treatment. I grew up in New Jersey so they should have come home with me. I am trying not to acquire “stuff” unless I know what it is.

L1060535

L1060540

L1060537

The luncheon plate is Caprice and was manufactured by Cambridge from the 30’s until the 50’s. I have water goblets as well.L1060532

 

L1060545

L1060536

The wine glass is Ballet by Fostoria and was made from 1952-1965.

L1060523

The Hobnail sugar and creamer were made by Fenton Glass and I have had them for a while. The Caprice plate is layered with an Apilco dinner plate. A few years back I worked for Williams Sonoma – need I say more!

L1060543

The butter dish, salt and pepper, and divided relish tray are vintage Fenton Hobnail.

L1060546

L1060524

The stainless flatware is from Williams-Sonoma. I am not sure where I got the napkin rings.

Be sure to stop by Between Naps on the Porch and see all the pretty dishes.

L1060525

32 comments:

Pam said...

Gorgeous as usual and perfect for spring. The hobnail is so pretty but then it all is. Very nice!

Sue McPeak said...

Oh Carol....I love ALL your vintage Glassware! It does make the most beautiful table setting and gives such a touch of Vintage Elegance. Love the yellow...don't see that very often. All so pretty with the table cloth, napkins and rings. I'm inspired...it's time for a Spring Table Setting for me! I have some Metlox plates that I've been collecting accessories for...it's time! Thanks for the inspiration!

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Love all the sweet yellows!!!

Vee said...

A very pretty spring table indeed. Just looking at it makes me grin.

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Lovely Spring table with lots of lovely items, it is great when they have legs and walk home with you!! I would like to invite more into my home but we don't have the storage space!! Jackie in Surrey, UK.

podso said...

So nice and spring like, your pretty table. Glad it is warming up for you there. I'm guessing you'd like it to stay this way for awhile!

DoanLegacy said...

You have so many wonderful items to see in this post..

From the Kitchen said...

What a perfect table setting for spring! There are so many shades of green that will start popping out soon and I think you've captured a number of them on your table. I love Fenton glass and even stopped by their West Virginia factory/store many years ago on my way to Virginia. It was a very nice visit.

Best,
Bonnie

Kay Ellen said...

Oh my~~~ what a charming table :))I looove those water goblets in yellow!! Sooo beautiful!!

Have a blessed day:))
Daffodils make me smile~~~

Kay Ellen

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi, Girlfriend!
LOVE your tablescape today...and the new background you chose for your blog. Perfect for you!!!
See you soon.
Hugs,
Donna

Lynn said...

Pretty table Carol! I'm absolutely lovin' those Jersey Swirl glasses:@)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Carol, I love those WS plates in the first photo. They would have followed me home too. Your table is beautiful and very spring.

It was chilly this year in Florida, but nothing I don't think compared to last winter when the oranges froze on the trees.
Sam

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

All of it is pretty as can be! Looks like you could have a do-over for easter dinner.

Eileen said...

What a wonderful collection of dishes. Everything is so pretty and cheerful. And, as always, I love your blog header photo. :)

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Wow! Everything is so pretty. I would have brought those salad plates home two. All of the dishes are beautiful. Love, love the yellows.

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

What a gorgeous spring table! It's really so nice, I love the yellow glasses!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh my, loving the colors here! So soft and spring-like.
Brenda

Shanae Branham said...

What a beautiful table setting. I am glad those dishes followed you home so that I could see them displayed so perfectly.

Kathleen said...

I think I should work for WSonoma, I am there so much, LOL
Love the table, beautiful linens, and those yellow glasses are stunning!

Ann said...

Truly a lovely tablescape. The Hobnail is gorgeous, such a lovely soft color. The faux flowers are pretty, thats all we have around here right now. Thanks for commenting on my Rednesday.
Ann

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Hi Carol,
This is visually stunning! A feast for the eyes. Thanks so much for posting this.
Thanks for visiting. I'm your new follower.
Barb

Bunnym said...

So inviting and springy...Love it and your blog. Nice to meet you carol


tootles,
bunny

Miss Char said...

Love your color choice for a spring table and your cute little potted plants. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The colors are wonderful on your beautiful table Carol. Love the PB silk flowers too.

Candace said...

Nothing speaks of spring to me any more than that lovely shade of yellow. I absolutely love your goblets. It makes me want something lemon-ey! You have such a beautiful blog. I'm your newest follower! I look forward to getting to know you.

Have a wonderful day,
Candace

Carolyn said...

Ok, I'm in love with those glasses! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for visiting my post and so happy I found yours! I'm your newest newest follower. :)

BTW, I used to live in Maine when my dad was stationed at Loring AFB. Graduated from HS and attended UMO. My mom was from very Northern Maine... what a beautiful state.

Rettabug said...

I don't want to hear once single complaint about "Cold", ya' hear??? We're in for 6 to 10" of that four letter word white stuff tonight!!!! I asked DH why in the world we came home so soon.

♥♥♥ how pretty the white hobnail items look on that lemon green & white tablecloth...very nice! My Mom had lots of hobnail but I don't know what happened to it. :-( I would love to collect some of it, as I think it is a timeless classic that works well with anything.

I'm playing with my batik's today & pondering choices for "our" quilt. *BIG SMILE* I do love fondling fabric!

Marigene said...

Carol, your table is a spring delight. Perfect pairing of the salad plates and glassware.

Custom Comforts said...

What a lovely tablescape! I especially love the yellow stemware. So unusual and so pretty!
Cindy

Marlis said...

Love your table!!!! the selected pieces are play so well together and make the table interesting and alive. Your glasses are quite lovely. You've certainly got a lovely collection.

Anita Diaz said...

Carol, I have never seen that Fostoria pattern! What a treasure that is! Beautiful color! I love your spring table:-)

Sarah said...

Lovely spring table, Carol. Your group of glasses with all the different textures are stunning. ~ Sarah

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin