Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In small doses....



 I have almost finished with my blogging break - almost being the key word. I needed some recovery time from our winter traveling. Without going into great detail, being the wife of the father of the groom is quite awkward and, in my case, was most hurtful for both of us. I am thankful for my husband, my family and my friends. Thank you all for your support.

So what have I been doing? Well, I have rediscovered knitting. I have taken a break from quilting and doing a lot of knitting. I became a great-aunt in March and the baby blanket is done! Not typical colors at all but very colorful.

I shall send that to the west coast next week.

And I signed up for a mystery knit at my yarn store A Good Yarn. On Fridays I go and knit with a wonderful group of ladies and gentlemen. The mystery will soon not be a mystery and shall return to Maine with me.

I have almost finished this and I shall post a picture with the finished borders. I shall not be cold on damp, rainy days in the cabin.

I bought some yarn. I cannot believe the colors and the textures that Susan gathers for us knitters.


I am almost finished with two more projects! So, I shall finish this post and get back to the needles.





See you at the end of the week!

17 comments:

podso said...

Love all the yarn colors. I would think that colorful blanket will be a favorite for any child ... so bright and cheery. Seems like there are so many beautiful yarn options compared to years ago when I used to knit and crochet a lot more. Glad you're on the other side of challenging times!

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Carol. These colours are so gorgeous and that baby blanket is stunning! Beautiful work. Blessings, Pamela

From the Kitchen said...

I hope that working with these lovely fibers will be a healing experience for you. Welcome back!!

Best,
Bonnie

Vee said...

So good to find you here, Carol! You do such amazing things...such creative things...that new little one has a blanket to really appreciate long after others have fallen to the wayside. Absolutely incredible creation!

Olive said...

Dear Carol, just to let you know you are not alone in the step children arena. Joe and I have more issues than we can number with his grown kiddos. The main thing is we are happy and so are you. It is not about them. Weddings, illness, and holidays kind of become awkward but we press on never the less. The blanket is beautiful. Big Hugs to You. Olive

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

The colours of the wools are terrific.You always make me feel very guilty as I don't do anything creative!! I have been cutting bushes in the garden this morning between April showers after my food shopping delivery.
Jackie in Surrey

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

PS love the background on your blog page, lovely and Spring like!! J.

Snap said...

Knitting seems to be a real help for folks during challenging times. Glad you are *on the other side*. Your blankets are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I LOVE the colors of this blanket/afghan! It's striking.

I'm so sorry you were hurt regarding the wedding. I haven't been in that exact situation, but similar and I'll never forget how I was treated. Soooo sorry.

Maggie said...

Love the new look to your blog Carol, the background is amazing. The yarns that you're using are just wonderful.
I hope that you are feeling a little better now, your renewed interest in knitting and friends at the yarn shop are bound to help.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The blanket is stunning! I hope your spirits are fully revived soon xx

Anonymous said...

Prekrasni radovi i boje draga Carol!

Lijep pozdrav. :)

Rettabug said...

I was just downstairs ironing some fabric & I started thinking about you, wondering if all was well with you. I'm SEW glad you've posted, although I'm sorry to hear things didn't go too well at the wedding. Consider yourself {{{HUGGED}}}.

The baby blanket is PERFECT for the west coast...reminds me of the sonoran desert with all those wonderful colors. They say brights are much better for babies...more visually stimulating than pastel colors. I know they will be thrilled to open the package. Lots of love inside those stitches.

Take care of yourself, okay?
fondly,
Rett

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

The colors in your knitting are beautiful!!... and already I love your mystery knit. Blog background is cheery and upbeat too. Sorry the father of the groom issue was tough. Family. *sigh*

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such beautiful workmanship. It is a most lovely blanket!

Sarah said...

Lovely! I like all these colors. Makes me smile.

Nancy said...

Your colors and textures are wonderful! I love the way you added that ruffled area in the next to last photo. Very well done.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin