Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Settling in......


Each year it seems to take a little longer to unpack and settle into the cabin. If the weather is not great we spend some time at Jack's house up the road a piece. This year Jack's house has some new appliances in the kitchen!


The gas stove is wonderful. We have been enjoyed cooking on it on rainy nights. I have set up my office in the downstairs bedroom. The sewing machine, computer and printer live there.


I needed roses on the counter. I love the way they look with the vintage Fenton lamp. The calendar for June finally got printed!


I like to take my pictures and use the templates from Shutter Sisters to make calendars. I will try to be much more organized next year. I was unable to find a direct link while writing this. I shall try later.

A fellow blogger Claudia from Mockingbird Hill Cottage made a rabbit called Maggie. You can read about Claudia's Maggie here. I was enthralled - must have been the Liberty fabric for her dress.....

So off I went to Alicia Paulson's site Posie and my kit for Miss Maggie Rabbit arrived last week. I had to wait for some supplies to arrive so I started her wardrobe. I like the concept of the quality kit. I no longer have the "stash" I used to have so to be able to get everything from one source is a blessing.



The knitted garments are blocked and I shall weave the ends in soon.


I chose the kit with the fabric called Betsy. The dress is cut out and ready to stitch.



Hopefully my Maggie will look like this one!

So, that is all for today! We will go back to the little cabin in the woods and I shall knit and read and look at the lake.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire women who can make things. I have good intentions but it just never happens.. oh well....

Vee said...

Carol, you can not imagine how often I've thought of you since you arrived back and fretted how nasty the weather has been. So glad that Jack has a lovely home nearby where you can enjoy the creature comforts. What a sweet kitchen!

I have often wondered about Alicia's kits and it appears that you are finding it very easy to work with. I know that your little rabbit is going to look every bit as adorable as that cover rabbit!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I can't wait to see your Maggie!

Snap said...

I love Alicia's bunnies and her blog. Can't wait to see your bunny all finished.

Claudia said...

So excited for you, Carol! You have a Maggie kit. Love the fabric you chose and the knitted dress looks adorable. Thanks so much for linking back to my blog. I can't wait to see the finished Maggie.

xo
Claudia

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Glad you found time to blog although I have kept up with you on Facebook. The kitchen in the house looks nice and I can see you have a good project to start your Summer in Maine. Have a wonderful time in either the house or the cabin, enjoy, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

Maggie said...

Hi Carol, I'm back blogging after a 6 week break and the first friend I visit is making a rabbit with my name! I call that Serendipity. So glad to know that you are back in wonderful Maine, enjoy the summer my dear.
Maggie

Rettabug said...

I have been thinking about you all summer, Carol! Hoping things are going well in Maine. I bet you're having issues with your internet again, since you haven't posted since June.

Love seeing your latest project...I have a stuffed rabbit from YEARS ago..like 15+...that was a gift from a dear friend. She sure needs some new clothes. Her's (the rabbit, not my friend) are very outdated! LOL

Stay well my friend & it won't be long before you'll be headed south again. I don't know if we'll get down this year or not. We take one day at a time these days.

Hugs,
Rett

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin