Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Brass Bowl and other ramblings





A few of my favorite things!



I find myself being sentimental these days. Silly me. But that is the way I can be. I called my sister to ask about the brass bowl that mother had. She kept mail in it and Christmas cards. I was positive she kept Halloween candy in it as well. Jean said no but I told her that I needed it to be true because I had planned to write about it.


I will have candy in this bowl next Halloween but it will be of the needlepoint variety. We stay away from the real stuff. I have finished 5 - 4 more to go.




Jack and I have a routine. The morning is for errands and chores and the afternoon we watch reruns of shows that we never saw. I needlepoint. We have watched House of Cards, News Room, The West Wing and  Grey's Anatomy. Blue Bloods and NCIS were favorites. That is a lot of tv and a lot of finished projects. Now we watch British detective shows which I really like!


I miss sitting with my friends at knitting and needlepoint. I have had some vision issues so I no longer drive any distance. And then there is the vertigo. 

One of my "resolutions" for the new year was to resume blogging. I now have my office downstairs and it has become easy again with a desk and a comfy chair.






I am a lover of pottery. My bookcases hold vintage and Italian pieces


I think I have rambled enough. I will close this post with my needlepoint ornaments and the needlepoint box. It is almost time for Midsomer Murders. Jack's chili is simmering on the stove and Olivia's quilt is almost cut out!

1 comment:

Vee said...

Hi Carol~

It's been a long time. I was going through some of my old posts trying to remove that nasty message from *hotobucket that so many of us are dealing with when I found a comment from you. I had to come visit to see how you are. It was wonderful to find you here. Memory is such a subjective thing and I love what you told your sister about the Halloween candy in the silver bowl. Do you still divide your time between Maine and Florida?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin