Friday, May 14, 2010

Many shades of pink……

 

Well,  the weeks certainly do go by when you hop from one blog party to another! Now it is time for Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.

 

bijw9y

Please spend a little time with me and then go visit the other pinks.

L1030220

I found this triangular pitcher at Deb’s Flowerbed Farm in North Bridgton, ME. This is one of our favorite haunts and I have blogged about it before. This pitcher has no markings and I think it was one of my bargains. I’m not sure what kind of flowers are on the pitcher but I am pretending today that they are some sort of a spring flowering blossom like an apple blossom.

L1030221

L1030222

L1030223

A luncheon cloth embroidered by my grandmother and a cup and saucer that belonged to my mother are added to the picture.

L1030224

L1030226

And some silk apple type blossoms that I found in the cupboard….L1030225

L1030228

L1030234 L1030231 L1030230

L1030242 L1030245 L1030244

Happy Pink Saturday!

11 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Carol! That is a very unique pitcher with pretty flowers! Love the embroidered cloth and teacup! Thanks for sharing your pinks and have a beautiful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Claudia said...

What a striking pitcher! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Pink Saturday, Carol.

xo
Claudia

Sandy said...

What an unusual pitcher - it is striking! Your embroidered scarf is quite lovely too. And that is one of the prettiest teacups I've ever seen. Such a beautiful vignette!

PeggyR said...

I love your pink pitcher and the teacup is just as lovely! Happy Pink Saturday!

The Tablescaper said...

Wow! That is one screaning pitcher!!!!! I love the deep fuschia color, the amazing shape and just the overall size of it. What a find!

I also love the darling teacup and hand embroidered cloth. It always amazes me how something so simple as a teacup or cloth can bring a smile to my face.

I'm thirlled that you'll be coming to my party "Where do you keep it all?" on June 2nd. It will give us all a little incentive to get our storage in order.

Good luck for your treasure search today. Do be sure to share your finds!

- The Tablescaper

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!

That is one of the cutest pitchers i have ever4 seen!!

Love the sweet embroidered luncheon cloth and the teacup!!

Just lovely!!

HPS!!

Debbie

Mary Bergfeld said...

What an unusual find. It is really perfect for Pink Saturday. I hope you have a rosy day. Blessings...Mary

cathleen said...

So pretty! That embroidery is really,really lovely.

Mari said...

HELLO, AND HAPPY PINKY SATURDAY, THAT PITCHER IS MAGNIFICENT!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I think you found a treasure with that pitcher, and I know that anything from the ones you love is a treasure. You are as sentimental as I am. I think that's why I feel you are a kindred spirit!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Brenda Pruitt said...

How incredibly beautiful and unique! I do love the linens also.
Brenda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin