Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday


This is my first Outdoor Wednesday post and I am very excited to take you to lovely Camden, Maine. Camden is one of the loveliest towns in Maine and is where Peyton Place was filmed over 50 years ago. Many of the places in the movie are still recognizable and you may even meet someone who was an extra in the movie at the Camden Deli.





Jack and I are relatively newly married (5 years this month) and decided two years ago that we would get away for a few days to celebrate. The "where" was an issue. His ideas and my ideas were very far apart. Camden was the solution and we will go there for the third year next week.





We ask for the same room and when they ask us if there is a reason for our visit and when we tell them we are celebrating our anniversary, they guess the number of years. And they are wrong! It is not our 50th even though we look old enough!







We stay in town because we can walk every where. We walk in the neighborhoods. The homes are beautiful and the gardens are as well. This year I will take my camera everywhere.








Then we walk to the harbor.





We have a favorite all purpose restaurant for dinner and usually eat there every night. Cappy's has good food and friendly personnel.




There are lovely shops and restaurants right near by and we don't have to hassle with parking. Right behind the Inn is a very convenient "snack" shop.....




Then we sit on the balcony and watch the sunset.


Now I will get this posted before Wednesday is over and hurry to Susan's Outdoor Wednesday to see where everyone else has been.

10 comments:

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

How funny is that! We post about the same town. My husband and I LOVE Maine. And hope to live there one day. It's a very different way of life there (from what we are used to). Enjoy your beautiful Maine and thanks so much for stopping by!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Welcome to your first Outdoor Wednesday and Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, Carol!

Oh, yes! I recognize beautiful Camden ~ you've captured the spirit perfectly; such lovely photos; the light is gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you have another lovely time there celebrating, have fun!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I loved your tour of Camden. It was, as we say, the next best thing to being there. I hope you are enjoying these last few days of summer.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the tour of the charming town of Camden, Maine.

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a lovely town, and lovely photographs too. Take a LOT of pictures when you go back!
And happy anniversary.
Cass

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I think I may put Camden on my list of places to see. With two of you posting, it must be a place to visit. It looks so charming.

Regina said...

Welcome!
Love the view.
Nice shots and great place, Maine.
Thanks for sharing.

Baba said...

Hi Carol, welcome to Outdoor Wednesday...this looks like a neat place to visit..the sailboats are something to behold...clicking on the pictures brings them into a fantastic view!!Thanks for sharing these shots with us. Baba

Moore Minutes said...

I want to be RIGHT in those photos RIGHT now. :) It is beautiful.

Kathleen said...

Hi Carol,
What beautiful pictures!
I haven't been to Maine in many years..so pretty there..
I am on the East end of Long Island, Southampton, and dh says people pay plenty to come here, so we usually just stay here!

Happy Anniv and many more..
So did you like working in WmSonoma?
Your mosaics are beautiful, I started and the top and landed here.
And yes, I can't wait till you go back to Fla so you can do lots of tables for us!!
Thanks for visiting..I'll be back!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin