Sunday, September 20, 2009

Answering some questions or at least trying to…..

pageorange pansy
I want to thank all of you who have been so kind to leave comments on my blog. I read them all and make every effort to visit back and say hi to you. I am most appreciative of those who have become followers.
I am by no means an expert on any of this. As you can see I only began blogging in May. However, I am persistent and truly enjoy the challenge of the “techie” world whether it be a sewing machine, kitchen appliance, or computer. Before I joined any of the events, I studied all of the bloggers on this list starting with Big Black Dogs and Between Naps on the Porch. I found both of these by accident and I was hooked. And of course one blog leads to another…..
I have always loved taking pictures but never really did anything with them. Now with digital the possibilities are endless. The shoe box is out!
Day in Camden
So to answer some questions…
I did not buy the pink vase. I am trying to be good. I am trying to tell myself that just because I take a picture of something doesn’t mean I have to buy it. This works about 25% of the time – up from 5%!
I trudged all over Camden and did find the Hawthorn Inn for Maggie B at Normandy Life! I used to walk quickly but now I trudge! I will do another Camden post over the weekend.
Mary at Little Red House has now introduced me to Florabella Textures. I will prevail – hasn’t happened yet but……Mary, I have not found a tutorial and now I have a Mac and Live Writer and PhotoScape probably won’t work!

Live Writer questions….
I really like using this program. Inserting the pictures is speedy and they go where you tell them to almost all of the time.  When your picture is uploaded you have more control of the size and some options such watermark and tilting. You can crop and rotate in Live Writer as well. The text wrapping feature is very user friendly. I find the preview is more accurate. There is a selection of borders to add to your photos as well. I wish that there was a program that would let you have more control the side bar.
There is an option for adding a plug-in but I don’t know what a plug- in is yet!
Depending on the mosaic I am making, I use PhotoScape or Picasa 3. Mary from Across the Pond told me about PhotoScape after I asked her about the treatment of one of her pictures. I found this program just a little glommy at first but now I am getting used to it. Jackie of Jackie’s Life in Surry uses Picnik which I have taken a quick look at but have not played around with.
Again, I am not an expert on these programs by any means. I experiment and play with them. And as I have said before, this is just too much fun.
I am working on another post about Camden. I think today is just going to be a lazy autumn day – tomato soup and grilled cheese sounds good.



4 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

I don't know what a plug-in is, either. Each time I manage to get a post published, it's pretty much by chance.

As my girls will tease me, "Mom, you are SO 20th-century!"

I looked at Live Writer -- not brave enough to try it out. But I know why you are smart enough to figure it out. . . you are a JERSEY GIRL. :-)

By the way, that first mosaic? May I have a brownie, please?
Cass

Maggie said...

Carol,
I am so sorry that you have been trudging all over Camden looking for the Hawthorn Inn. (It's on the road out to Searsport direction Bar Harbor)
http://www.camdenhawthorn.com/TheInn.html
When you get the chance head over to my blog @ http://normandylife.blogspot.com/2009/09/superior-scribbler-award.html
and pick up the Superior Scribbler Award that I gave you on Friday.
You deserve it my friend.
Many thanks.

bisous,
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

Can you tell me an EASY way to put my blog button on the side of my blog for my blogger friends to add to the side of theirs, if they would like to??

Thank you for the mention on your blog. I have been using Photoscape a lot recently but I find if I frame the collage/mosaic that it cannot be enlarged when clicked on as before! See yesterday's blog about Brighton. Jackie

Brenda Pruitt said...

I LOVE Windows Live Writer! I just couldn't do the Blogger photo thing. Drove me crazy. I am so glad you began blogging and joined the rest of us finding photo ops wherever we go. Making everyone wait to eat until the photo is taken before things get messy. And blessing a bloom by running for the camera! Oh, and just having to buy something because it would look so pretty in such-and-such a corner for the blog!
Brenda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin