Monday, August 3, 2009

sunny skies for a while


I am not sure if this is a butterfly or a moth. I tried looking it up but I didn't find anything close. The marigolds are wonderful. I usually have them in my garden because they help repel the bugs.






We finally had a day of sunshine yesterday and I got some pictures! I always get my flowers from Sweet Laurel in Naples. Dee has a way of combining colors in pretty pots. I have to do container gardening at the cabin. I do have 4 tomato plants and 3 cucumber plants in a raised bed next to the cabin but everything else is window box or planter. So yesterday when we had sun, I went to Dee's and took pictures of her flowers. She is the definition of "green thumb". She also paints colorful pictures that are seen on houses throughout the area.






I love snapdragons - cheerful and colorful.




Today I will bustle around the cabin and then try to get some weeds out of the garden. I will go on a slug safari as well. Tomorrow we will go to Sherman Farms and get tomatoes. It is almost time to make green tomato relish and crispy cukes. I am still having technical difficulties so bear with me. I will get the cabin picked up first because once I get into the computer stuff the day just goes!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin