Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shopping Thursday

We went to North Conway for a food shop and lunch at the Scarecrow Pub. We had a good time. And the sun made an appearance so I could get some pictures. Everything I see now is a picture but I can't stop the car every 50 feet.


Across from Sherman Farms I saw these bee hives and couldn't resist a picture. There is lots of clover in that field. We stopped at the farm stand. I really need to live close to a market because I want to buy some of everything!


I wanted to make pickles but resisted the urge for this month because there is too much I have to do.
I did buy some "real tomatoes" and made Insalata Caprese or my version of it.

Slice 2 big tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices. Slice1 fresh mozzarella ball into slices (about 4 - I ate the small end). Layer the tomatoes and cheese. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with good olive oil and garnish with fresh basil. When time to serve you can add some Balsamic vinegar but that is optional. I make this mid-afternoon so that the tomatoes have time to react to the cheese and the olive oil.

On the way back to the cabin, in a lovely little cove up the street, there was a loon! Just looking at me and daring me to take his picture. They are magnificent. I will try to enlarge his image with my new PhotoShop software and book that is supposed to show you how to do everything!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin