Friday, July 3, 2009

Trying to remember sunshine.....





It's not raining right this moment but it's not sunny either....Everything is soaked and my plants are full of slugs. They are nasty and slimy and hungry. Jack and I just cleaned up some of the pots and he took no prisoners!

I cooked a pot roast last night so we will have leftovers for dinner tonight. I will make a salad as well. Oh, for a meal from the grill! I have some Italian sausages that I would love to grill and we haven't had pasta for a couple of weeks so maybe we'll get a break in the weather over the holiday weekend.



Reading other blogs is fascinating. I would love to have some pointers on photographing the tablescapes. If it keeps raining I will try to find some pointers on the internet.



If you check my profile, you can see the blogs I am following.






I spent the day with my son and grandchildren cleaning the barn. My house in the village is for sale and there is much work to do. We went through box after box and I found many "treasures" that I thought were gone and lost forever. While we sorted, the sky got dark and we had quite a storm. We had hail!




It might be nice on Sunday! We will wait until we know for sure and will run to the market and get hamburgers or steaks. I will make this casserole early in the day and if we have company, there will be plenty.


Heavenly Casserole
Serves 12
1 box frozen French style green beans
1 box frozen baby lima beans
1 box frozen small peas
3 peppers, seeded and cut into narrow strips
1 ½ cups heavy cream, whipped
1 ½ cups mayonnaise
¾ cup grated Parmesan or cheddar
Freshly ground pepper
Touch of salt
Thaw frozen vegetables – enough to separate and drain excess water.
Butter a 9 x 13 casserole. Put in the vegetables. Combine the remaining ingredients and cover the casserole. Can be put in the refrigerator at this point or baked at 325 uncovered for about 50 minutes until brownish and puffy on top. If you are going to refrigerate this allow some extra time for cooking.
See you next week!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin